Business Sutra: A Very Indian Approach to Management Paperback - 2015
Business Sutra: A very Indian Approach to Management is a radical, nuanced approach to management, business and leadership in a progressively polarized world.
In this landmark book, bestselling author, leadership coach and mythologist Devdutt Pattanaik shows how, despite its veneer of objectivity, modern management is rooted in Western beliefs and obsessed with accomplishing rigid objectives and increasing shareholder value. By contrast, the Indian way of doing business, as apparent in Indian mythology but no longer seen in practice accommodates subjectivity and diversity and offers an inclusive, more empathetic way of achieving success. Great value is placed on darshan, that is, on how we see the world and our relationship with Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth. Business Sutra uses stories, symbols and rituals drawn from Hindu, Jain and Buddhist mythology to understand a wide variety of business situations that range from running a successful tea stall to nurturing talent in a large multinational corporation. At the heart of the book is a compelling premise: if we believe that wealth needs to be chased, the workplace becomes a rana-bhoomi - a battleground of investors, regulators, employers, employees, vendors, competitors and customers, if we believe that wealth needs to be attracted, the workplace becomes a ranga-bhoomi - a playground where everyone is happy.
- By Devdutt Pattanaik, the author of more than a dozen bestselling books on mythology and management, leading columnist for business newspapers and one of the country's foremost motivational speakers
- The book takes a practical and distinctive look at management and business practices, using stories, symbols and rituals from Hindu, Jain and Buddhist mythologies
- Devdutt Pattanaik hosted widely popular TV show Business Sutra on CNBC. His TED talk on mythology and management received over 8, 10,000 hits online
- Business Sutra carries creative and informative illustrations by the author that elaborate the concepts being discussed
- Plenty of insightful anecdotes and examples of people from all walks of life that readers can relate to
- Booklets with excerpts, business cards, posters and an extensive tour by the author to top management institutes, business schools and leading corporations as part of the marketing plan to promote the book
- Author: Devdutt Pattanaik
- Paperback: 448 pages
- Publisher: Aleph Book Company; Second edition (16 September 2015)
- Language: English