Sita's Sister (English) Paperback - 2014
From the bestselling author of Karna’s Wife, comes this book about Urmila, Sita’s sister and the neglected wife of Lakshman, and one of the most overlooked characters in the Ramayana. As Sita prepares to go into exile, her younger sisters stay back at the doomed palace of Ayodhya, their smiles, hope and joy wiped away in a single stroke. And through the tears and the tragedy one woman of immense strength and conviction stands apart—Urmila, whose husband, Lakshman, has chosen to accompany his brother Ram to the forest rather than stay with his bride. She could have insisted on joining Lakshman, as did Sita with Ram. But she did not. Why did she agree to be left behind in the palace, waiting for her husband for fourteen painfully long years?
- From the bestselling author of Karna’s Wife.
- The most detailed retelling of the story of the legendary Urmila, little known in mythology.
- A riveting combination of fact and fiction that will keep readers engrossed.
- In the same genre as other bestsellers like the Meluha series and Chanakya’s Chant.
About the Author
Kavita Kane is the bestselling author of Karna’s Wife: The Outcast’s Queen. She started her career as a journalist, and is now a full-time novelist. She is a post-graduate in English literature and Mass Communications. She is a mother of two teenage daughters and currently lives in Pune.
- Author: Kavita Kane
- Paperback: 320 pages
- Publisher: Rupa Publications India; First edition (10 December 2014)
- Language: English